(Effective as of December 2018)
BY CLICKING “I ACCEPT” AT THE END OF THIS AGREEMENT OR BY INSTALLING, ACCESSING, OR USING THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED PLATFORM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, THAT YOU UNDERSTAND IT AND ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND LEGALLY BY IT AND ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Subject to your continued compliance with this Agreement, The Socially Connected provides to you a single, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use The Socially Connected Platform during the term of this Agreement on your personal computer, laptop, mobile phone or other mobile computing device only for personal or internal business purposes.
In connection with the foregoing license and as the only right to sublicense, you may also enable an individual employee(s) of yours (each, an “Authorized User(s)”) to access and use The Socially Connected Platform so long as all such use remains in compliance with this Agreement. Moreover, you acknowledge and agree that you shall be responsible for monitoring your and your Authorized User(s)’s use of The Socially Connected Platform and for maintaining compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Accordingly, any breach of this Agreement by an Authorized User(s) shall constitute a breach by you. In connection with this license, references to “you” or “user” throughout this Agreement mean you, any Authorized User(s), and the corporate or entity-level client of The Socially Connected that accesses The Socially Connected Platform per any other agreement with The Socially Connected.
The content layout, formatting, and features of and online or remote access processes for the The Socially Connected Platform shall be as specified by The Socially Connected in its sole discretion. You also acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) The Socially Connected has the right to control and direct the means, manner, and method by which The Socially Connected Platform is provided; (ii) The Socially Connected may, from time to time engage independent contractors, consultants, or subcontractors to aid The Socially Connected in providing The Socially Connected Platform or use thereof; and (iii) The Socially Connected has the right to provide The Socially Connected Platform to others.
2. RESTRICTIONS ON USE. All rights not expressly granted under this Agreement are hereby reserved to The Socially Connected. Accordingly, you are hereby prohibited from using The Socially Connected Platform in any manner that is not expressly and unambiguously authorized by this Agreement. You therefore may not modify, reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, store, further transmit, disseminate, transfer, disassemble, broadcast, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, sell, mirror, frame, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, create derivative works of, or otherwise exploit The Socially Connected Platform, or any portion of The Socially Connected Platform without The Socially Connected’s prior written consent except as expressly and unambiguously authorized herein. Moreover, you may not (a) use any “deep link,” “page scrape,” “robot,” “spider,” or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of The Socially Connected Platform or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of The Socially Connected Platform to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the The Socially Connected Platform, (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of The Socially Connected Platform or any other systems or networks connected to The Socially Connected Platform or to any Socially Connected server or to any of the services offered on or through The Socially Connected Platform, by hacking, password “mining,” or any other illegitimate or prohibited means, (c) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of The Socially Connected Platform or any network connected to The Socially Connected Platform, nor breach the security or authentication measures on The Socially Connected Platform or any network connected to The Socially Connected Platform, (d) reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to The Socially Connected Platform, (e) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of The Socially Connected Platform or The Socially Connected’s systems or networks or any systems or networks connected to The Socially Connected Platform, (f) use any device, software, or routine to interfere with the proper working of The Socially Connected Platform or any transaction conducted on The Socially Connected Platform, or with any other person’s use of The Socially Connected Platform, (g) forge headers, impersonate a person, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal you send to The Socially Connected on or through The Socially Connected Platform, or (h) use The Socially Connected Platform in an unlawful manner.
3. ATTRIBUTION. In order to reflect The Socially Connected’s ownership of The Socially Connected Platform and to protect The Socially Connected’s interests therein, you shall ensure that proper attribution and notice appears with any use of The Socially Connected Platform. You shall also undertake to include in connection with any printout or subsequent use of any content from The Socially Connected Platform a notice including the following information, “Copyright © The Socially Connected (or its licensors)” and such other information as designated by The Socially Connected. In accordance with the foregoing, during the Term of this Agreement, The Socially Connected hereby grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right and license to use the full trade name of “The Socially Connected” solely in connection with your attribution of the applicable content. In connection with this trademark license grant, you agree to comply with any guidelines for use as provided by The Socially Connected from time to time.
4. USER OBLIGATIONS. By downloading, accessing, or using The Socially Connected Platform, you represent and warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national laws and regulations with respect to your use of The Socially Connected Platform, and that you are at least the legal age of majority. In addition, you agree to assume all responsibility concerning your use of The Socially Connected Platform, including being held responsible for any and all activity occurring through your username and password (and the related account access). You further represent and warrant that (i) you will at all times provide true, accurate, current, and complete information (and updates thereto) when submitting information to The Socially Connected through The Socially Connected Platform; and (ii) you will at all times comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Moreover, by installing, accessing, or using The Socially Connected Platform, you agree to allow The Socially Connected to collect certain information regarding your use of The Socially Connected Platform (including, without limitation, certain data regarding feature utilization, navigation, and personal information (e.g., name, email, etc.), and further agree to provide The Socially Connected reasonable cooperation in connection with operation of or support for The Socially Connected Platform. You also agree to receive electronic communications from The Socially Connected. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information, and other information concerning or relating to The Socially Connected Platform or The Socially Connected’s services. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with The Socially Connected and you receive them as part of your use of The Socially Connected Platform. You therefore hereby agree that any such notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that The Socially Connected sends you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements.
5. ACCOUNT. You may be required to register to use The Socially Connected Platform. Each registration is for a single user only, unless otherwise expressly agreed upon by The Socially Connected. Registration for access to and use of The Socially Connected Platform may also require access credentials, such as a user name and a password, or adherence to other particular access requirements as designated by The Socially Connected in its sole discretion from time to time. You hereby agree to consider your access credentials, such as a username and password, as confidential information and not to disclose such information to any third party without the prior express written consent of The Socially Connected, which may be withheld in its sole discretion. You shall immediately notify The Socially Connected if you suspect or become aware of any loss or theft of your password or any unauthorized use of your username and password. The Socially Connected will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure (whether inadvertent or intentional) to comply with these obligations.
6. FEEDBACK. The Socially Connected welcomes your feedback and suggestions about The Socially Connected’s products or services or with respect to how to improve The Socially Connected Platform. By transmitting any suggestions, information, material, or other content (collectively, “Feedback”) to The Socially Connected, you represent and warrant that such Feedback does not infringe or violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party (including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, or trademark rights) and that you have all rights necessary to convey to The Socially Connected and enable The Socially Connected to use such Feedback. In addition, any Feedback received by The Socially Connected will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive right and license from you for The Socially Connected to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works of, and display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on such Feedback without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist therein, and you hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
7. BILLING. If you place any orders through The Socially Connected Platform, you are thereby expressly agreeing that The Socially Connected is permitted to bill you the applicable fees, any applicable tax, and any other charges you may incur with The Socially Connected in connection with your use of The Socially Connected Platform and any associated The Socially Connected services or solutions. You agree that the fees will be billed to your credit card or PayPal account you provide in accordance with the billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable, as applicable. If payment is not received or cannot be charged to your credit card or PayPal account for any reason when due and payable, The Socially Connected reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your order. You further acknowledge and agree that The Socially Connected reserves the right, at any time, to change its prices and billing methods (on a going forward basis) for products or services sold or licensed or for use of The Socially Connected Platform, effective immediately upon posting in The Socially Connected Platform or by electronic communications to you. Please review the applicable pricing before placing any order.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. The Socially Connected Platform may connect to certain third party websites or online networks (collectively, “Third Party Sites”). These Third Party Sites have not necessarily been reviewed by The Socially Connected and are owned, controlled and/or maintained solely by third parties over whom The Socially Connected exercises no control. Your correspondence or any other dealings with third parties found through any Third Party Site on The Socially Connected Platform is solely between you and such third party. Accordingly, The Socially Connected hereby expressly disclaims and shall not have any liability or responsibility for any Third Party Sites.
9. MOBILE SERVICES. The Socially Connected Platform offers various tools or display functionality that are available to you via your mobile phone or other mobile computing device (collectively, “Mobile Services”). Please note that your mobile carrier’s normal messaging, data, and other rates and fees will apply to your use of the Mobile Services. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your mobile carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices or in all locations. Therefore, you are solely responsible for checking with your mobile carrier to determine if the Mobile Services are available for your mobile devices; what restrictions, if any, may be applicable to your use of the Mobile Services; and how much such use will cost you. Nevertheless, all use of The Socially Connected Platform shall be strictly in accordance with this Agreement.
10. INTERACTIVE FORUMS. The Socially Connected Platform may contain or provide access to interactive features and functionality (referenced collectively herein as the “The Socially Connected Forums”), where you can share and exchange information or content (referenced collectively as “Postings”). The Socially Connected Forums are provided by The Socially Connected as a resource for you. Use of The Socially Connected Forums is therefore limited to your personal use. You do not have any right to distribute further The Socially Connected Forums (or any part thereof or content presented on The Socially Connected Forums) without The Socially Connected’s prior written permission. To the extent that The Socially Connected Platform allows for such communication functionality, you agree that by using The Socially Connected Platform you will not upload, post, display, or transmit any of the following:
You further agree to conduct your online activities on The Socially Connected Forums in a cordial and friendly manner and in accordance with this Agreement and all applicable laws. You have no right to identify or suggest an affiliation with or endorsement by The Socially Connected and/or its policies or services. Any views or opinions expressed by you on The Socially Connected Forums are your personal views or opinions and do not reflect the views or opinions of The Socially Connected. Moreover, no such information available through The Socially Connected Forums should constitute professional or legal advice of any kind. You are responsible for your own use of any Postings. Please also use netiquette. Please be professional, succinct, and on-topic. Please remember to respect others and their opinions.
11. PERMISSION TO USE POSTINGS. By submitting any type of a Posting(s), you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to transmit and provide such Posting, and you automatically and hereby grant a royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable and non-exclusive right and license for Industry Dive to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works of, and display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on any such Posting, without additional approval or consideration, in furtherance of and in connection with the operation of The Socially Connected Platform, and you hereby waive any claim to the contrary. Your Postings are non-confidential for all purposes. The Socially Connected reserves the right to establish additional practices, parameters, and limits in its sole discretion concerning the storage, display, or availability of any Posting. You represent that you have all necessary rights to make a Posting(s) available to The Socially Connected, and you also acknowledge that The Socially Connected has no control over the extent to which any idea or information (in a Posting) may be used by any party or person once it’s posted or displayed.
12. NO PRE-SCREENING OF POSTINGS. The Socially Connected is not responsible for screening, policing, editing, or monitoring your or another user’s Postings and encourages all of its users to use reasonable discretion and caution in evaluating or reviewing any Postings. Moreover, The Socially Connected does not endorse, oppose, or edit any opinion or information provided by you or another user and does not make any representation with respect to, nor does it endorse the accuracy, acceptability, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any Posting displayed, uploaded, or distributed by you or any other user. Nevertheless, The Socially Connected. reserves the right to monitor, delete, access, read, preserve, disclose or take other action with respect to Postings (or parts thereof) that The Socially Connected reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, (v) protect the rights, property or safety of The Socially Connected, its users, or the public, or (vi) that The Socially Connected believes in good faith violate this Agreement and/or are, or are potentially, unlawful or harmful to The Socially Connected, its services, or goodwill. If you violate this Agreement, The Socially Connected may, in its sole discretion, delete the unacceptable content from your Posting, remove or delete the Posting in its entirety, issue you a warning, and/or terminate your use of The Socially Connected Platform.
13. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. This Agreement provides only a limited license to access and use The Socially Connected Platform in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Accordingly, you hereby agree that The Socially Connected transfers no ownership or intellectual property interest or title in and to The Socially Connected Platform or any other The Socially Connected intellectual property to you or anyone else in connection with your use of The Socially Connected Platform. All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, sounds, artwork, computer code (including html code), programs, software, products, information, and documentation as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel,” and arrangement of any content contained on or available through The Socially Connected Platform are exclusively owned, controlled, and/or licensed by The Socially Connected or its licensor(s). THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED and all other marks identifying the products or services of The Socially Connected are proprietary trademarks of The Socially Connected, and any use of such marks, including, without limitation, as domain names, account identifiers, or in connection with any search engine optimization practice(s), without the prior express written permission of The Socially Connected is hereby strictly prohibited.
15. DISCLAIMER. THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED PLATFORM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY UNDER THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT AS ENACTED BY ANY STATE. THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED PLATFORM WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR IN A MANNER THAT WILL MEET YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS AND/OR NEEDS. THEREFORE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK REGARDING THE QUALITY AND/OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED PLATFORM.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU ALSO EXPRESSLY ABSOLVE AND RELEASE THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED FROM ANY CLAIM OF HARM RESULTING FROM A CAUSE BEYOND THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED’S CONTROL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FAILURE OF ELECTRONIC OR MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION LINES, TELEPHONE OR OTHER CONNECTION PROBLEMS, COMPUTER VIRUSES, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, THEFT, OPERATOR ERRORS, SEVERE WEATHER, EARTHQUAKES, OR NATURAL DISASTERS, STRIKES, OR OTHER LABOR PROBLEMS, WARS, OR GOVERNMENTAL RESTRICTIONS. MOREOVER, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY DEALINGS OR AGREEMENTS BETWEEN YOU AND A THIRD PARTY, THE USE OF THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED PLATFORM, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED PLATFORM, THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE FUNCTIONALITY, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED PLATFORM, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ADDITION, TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THE SOCIALLY CONNECTED PLATFORM SHALL NOT EXCEED Five Hundred Dollars ($500) (US) OR THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO SOCIALLY CONNECTED DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING ANY CLAIM, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
17. INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this Agreement, including, without limitation, violations or infringement of The Socially Connected’s intellectual property or proprietary rights, may cause irreparable injury to The Socially Connected, whereby such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and The Socially Connected would not have an adequate remedy at law. In the event of such injury or potential for such injury you therefore hereby agree that The Socially Connected shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this Agreement.
18. SECURITY & ENFORCEMENT. Any actual or attempted use of The Socially Connected Platform by you in violation of this Agreement may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. The Socially Connected reserves the right in its sole discretion to review, monitor, and/or record any information relating to your use of The Socially Connected Platform (“User Information”) without any prior notice to or permission from you, including, without limitation, by archiving content and/or communications submitted to and/or sent by you through The Socially Connected Platform. The Socially Connected may share any User Information The Socially Connected obtains from you with any law enforcement organization in connection with any investigation or prosecution of possible criminal or unlawful activity. The Socially Connected will also disclose User Information as required by any court order and/or subpoena. In addition, The Socially Connected hereby reserves the right in its sole direction to at any time and without notice modify, suspend, terminate, and/or interrupt operation of or access to The Socially Connected Platform, or any portion thereof, in order to protect The Socially Connected Platform, The Socially Connected intellectual property, The Socially Connected, or the business interests of The Socially Connected and/or its members and affiliates.
19. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the District of Columbia. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in any federal or state court in the District of Columbia, and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue and further to a jury trial in any action. You also acknowledge and agree that any applicable state law implementation of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (including any available remedies or laws) shall not apply to this Agreement and is hereby disclaimed. Any claim that you might have against The Socially Connected must be brought within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. In any legal proceeding brought by The Socially Connected, The Socially Connected shall have the right to seek and be awarded all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs in addition to any other relief, at law or in equity, to which The Socially Connected may be entitled. A printed version of this Agreement and of any related notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent as other documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Please print a copy of this Agreement or contact The Socially Connected if you wish to receive a printed copy of this Agreement.
20. TERM AND TERMINATION. This Agreement will take (re-take) effect at the time you click “I ACCEPT”, download The Socially Connected Platform or begin using The Socially Connected Platform, whichever is earliest. This Agreement will terminate automatically if (i) you fail to comply with any of its terms and conditions; or (ii) cease all use of The Socially Connected Platform. Termination will be effective without notice. In addition, The Socially Connected may in its sole discretion terminate this Agreement upon notice to you for any or no reason. Upon termination of this Agreement, any and all right(s) to use The Socially Connected Platform shall immediately cease and you must promptly delete or destroy all copies of The Socially Connected Platform in your possession or control. Sections 2, 6, 7, 13, and 15-23 will survive the termination of this Agreement.
21. WAIVER & SEVERABILITY. The Socially Connected’s failure to insist upon strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement by you will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent or other default or failure of performance. If any part of this Agreement is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law or court order including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision(s) that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in effect.
22. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Additional notices, terms, and conditions may apply to the access or use of The Socially Connected’s other products and services. If there is a conflict between this Agreement and any other notices, terms, or conditions, The Socially Connected shall resolve any conflict in good faith in its sole discretion but this Agreement shall generally control with respect to accessing and using The Socially Connected Platform.